Schools Engagement Lead – 1 FTE (35 hours per week)
Fixed Term until 31 August 2022 (covering maternity leave)
Support Grade 5 - £30,819 - £33,558 per annum
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12.00 pm on Wednesday 6 October 2021
This post is funded by Skills Development Scotland and the Scottish Funding Council.
As part of the Foundation Apprentice Team the School Engagement Lead will be responsible for the engagement and relationship management of secondary schools across Glasgow, East Dunbartonshire and East Renfrewshire with a view to securing their commitment to the foundation apprenticeship programme.
The post will be based at Glasgow Kelvin College and will work with schools across the local authority areas.
We need you to be able to:
- ensure the effective engagement of schools, local authority partners, pupils, parents, carers and other relevant stakeholders throughout the duration of the programme with specific regards to the foundation apprenticeship programme;
- ensure that foundation apprenticeships are offered as an option for S5 pupils;
- plan and participate in marketing and promotion events aimed at securing school support for the programme;
- be accountable for achieving an agreed number of pupil participants;
- monitor and report retention of pupils on the programme and will work with pupils, parents, carers and schools to ensure retention to the end of the programme; and
- ensure an effective link is in place with existing schools engagement activity across the regional colleges.